i just recently finished the embroidered throw pillows for my new couch & decided to do a tutorial. i was surprised to find so few (easy to follow) patterns available online... here is my shot at it.
what you'll need:
18" x 18" pillow form
.75 yards fabric (washed) - I chose the amy butler print ivory/tree peony
- cut 41.5" x 19" rectangle of fabric
- select flower to embroider & follow outline (choose one that will be on the front square of the finished pillowcase)
- fold & pin a 1" hem along edge 1 (the 19" edge, leave edge 2 unfinished)
- pin .25" seam 13" from edge 1 & another one 18" from the first .25" seam
- sew hem & both seams - sew along dotted lines, i suggest a straight stitch, double enforced
- fold the rectangle into thirds (inside out with edge 1 under edge 2
- pin then sew .5" seams along edge 3 & 4 of the rectangle
- turn the pillow case right side out, there should be about a 4" overlap with the embroidered detail on the front of the pillowcase
for more pictures or a downloadable pattern go to my pics. please let me know if you would add anything to make the pattern or tutorial easier.
UPDATE: featured on craft: thanks to natalie dee