8.27.2007

faire gallery & cafe


















a few months ago divya & i went to faire gallery & cafe on capitol hill; she's a regular there, but it was my first time. my initial reactions were that the staff (owners matt & liz) were really nice, the drinks & food were yummy & the space was so warm & comfortable. after spending some more time there throughout the summer; it seems to me that faire is much more than the typical cafe, even more than the fantastic cafe. the space & the people that frequent it are really open & welcoming (once an old, dusty bookstore).

on sunday nights you'll find that faire is packed full of an eclectic mix of patrons there to see & hear faire play (the weekly jazz group). i went last night for the first time; div & i enjoyed a couple glasses of wine & the music sitting up in the balcony. it's the type of place you pass on your way to somewhere else, stop in & end up forgetting where you planned on going in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I don't know you by any means, but I LOVE Faire! I have been a frequent patron practically since Faire opened its doors. I was hoping you would come to the open mic night the last saturday of the month, this is where the electricity of human emotion explodes because of the freedom Faire unleashes... thank you again, and keep going there....!