vain is my favorite place in seattle this week. this salon - boutique - gallery is on 1st ave in belltown, located in a fantastic old brick building. it's late & i have to go to bed soon, so i'm giving you a bullet list of why it's the best place to get your hair &/or makeup done.
- there is a fireplace surrounded by great mid-century furniture in the waiting area.
- a full supply of affordable, local goods (shirts, hats, jewelry & paper goods).
- they feature all stylist profiles online so you can pick the best stylist for your hair type.
- bijou is an amazing stylist. plane & simple - best haircut in seattle. bijou cut most of my hair off on my first visit; she took the time to look at pics with me & offer suggestions. on my second visit i wanted to go even shorter, but got cold feet - she was right there to convince me that we could do what i wanted without any pressure or hesitance. i'd like to continue to go off about how great she is, but you should just book her for your next cut.
- makeup artist on staff, christine - they often do free sessions on saturdays. she finally taught me how to use brushes & get smoky eyes in a way that i feel comfortable with.