after deciding to host a small dinner last friday, one thing i wanted to have was napkin rings. i thought about different methods, maybe even buying some. in the end i decided to go handmade & this is how it happened...
- using a digital publishing program (i used indesign; photoshop, paint or even word would work), place or insert your favorite image or photograph onto 8.5 x 11 document. i used texture images downloaded free from smashing a few months back.
- print your sheets onto cardstock (+/- 80# paper).
- cut each sheet into 1.5" strips.
- fold your napkin & silverware into a roll like this.
- wrap one paper strip around the roll to see how big it needs to be.
- keeping that measurement in tact, use an embroidery needle & contrasting thread to make a couple straight stitches where the circle meets.
- trim the thread & tie in a quick knot.
- trim extra paper overlap.
- slide the paper ring over the roll & you are set.