ta-da! i finally finished my series of damask patterned paintings. the process was simple, but slow.
- had my awesome wood master friend cut me 3 16" by 16" wood panels
- found damask pattern online
- worked pattern in photoshop, increasing the contrast & changing to greyscale
- printed 22" by 16" modified pattern
- secured graphite paper between the wood panels & printed pattern
- used mechanical pencil to trace the pattern (which transferred it to the wood panel)
- filled in with a cool mint color & raw umber
- attach metal hooks to the back for hanging
i'm really pleased with how they turned out & am sure that the process will be repeated with other things i find. see more pictures
thank you to natalie @ craft: for posting the project!
on to screen printing this week.