11.03.2008

holy mary!



it turned out good, real good. i was going to post a tutorial, but i'll save that for next year. it was a simple project & possibly one of the cheapest i've made so far. the veil was a sheet from value village & all of the trimmings were on sale at jo-ann fabric. i think i spent $10 total.

san francisco was a lot of fun. we spent friday in the mission & celebrating halloween in lower haight, saturday at rachel getting married (go see it, it's touching) followed by dinner & drinks in north beach & sunday we walked down clement, visited park life & strolled through the park. it was such a gorgeous weekend with my ladies.

5 comments:

please sir said...

You look awesome!!

tezza said...

It's a bit freak how much you look like a statue/mannequin in that shot. I'm so impressed Ann, you've out done yourself!!!

golly molly said...

pretty much the best thing ever. not kidding.

cassandra said...

i am dying. DYING!!! this might be one of the best costumes i have EVER SEEN!!! dang girl!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dottie, I am an artist and a devout Catholic. I really like this picture. I am researching a new art project/sculpture and I love your countenance and pose- I know you were likely kidding/having fun with it- but you captured something very beautiful actually...and very powerful. Never underestimate the power of Mary.