12.10.2008

holiday garland





last week i mentioned making & hanging a holiday garland; i loved the multi-colored leaves from miesmama. i purchased some felt to make stockings & decided to take a little off the top for garlands (the equivilant of 12" x 24" sheet). i created 4, 3" x 12"sheets & layered them in pairs. from those pairs of felt, i cut strips measuring 3" x 1"-1.5". after cutting out around 40 leaves of each 4 colors, i got out the sewing machine. using a wide, straight stitch i sewed a line down each leave, overlapping just a bit at the tips. i found that lifting the foot as you add each leaf works the best & leaving extra thread on each end allows you to create hoops for hanging.

4 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for explaining how you made it. I'll be linking.

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

The Lil Bee said...

You are really talented, this looks SO amazing!! It must be so rewarding to make your own ornaments. Very impressive:)

please sir said...

Love this so much - added it to my holiday love ideas on the right side of my blog!